Tuesday, March 06, 2018

Keisuke Ginza Kamo Soba Kyudaime in Singapore

Duck Tsukemen Special

Keisuke has proliferated out to Holland Village (16A Lorong Mambong, 6463-4344), with this shop carrying an odd "hybrid duck ramen" tagline. I'm not sure exactly what was hybrid about it, but it naturally centered around duck, and used the same Keisuke formula of a nice decor, a spicy broth option, plus free bean sprouts and hard boiled eggs. As usual, I went for tsukemen so as not to go back to the office in a big sweat.

Normally I'm not a big fan of thick noodles, but dipping these into the dark duck broth worked well enough that I actually regretted not ordering a larger size. Those tender little meatballs were quite a delight too, but the sliced duck meat was underwhelming (despite the attached fat, it lacked taste). Ultimately, it was better than I thought it would be, but also not unique enough that I'd be willing to make the trek out here again.

No comments: