Monday, March 19, 2018

Aburi Sushi Heishirou from Kyushu in Singapore

Aburi Kajiki and Aburi Hotate

This place at Westgate Mall used to be an outlet of Ikeikemaru (3 Gateway Drive #03-05, 6369-9489). So I was a bit surprised to find it under a different name today, and featuring a rather boring-looking menu at that. It was so boring that I totally would've skipped past it had I not stopped to find that it was actually a kaiten sushi chain from Kyushu.

Their Singapore shop though, wasn't on conveyor belts. For some reason, they focused on aburi sushi instead, so I got those seared scallops and swordfish above. Both of them were tasty and fresh with nicely firm rice. I also got their signature tamagoyaki, which they made to order, coming out piping hot. The first few bites were good, but admittedly it was too much egg for one person to eat.

No comments: