Thursday, October 12, 2017

The Halal Guys in New York City

Beef Gyro Platter

I made my way over to 43rd and 6th to try to find the Trini Paki Boys cart today, but for some reason they weren't there this morning (thanks for the tip nonetheless). I thus decided to just walk a few more blocks up to 53rd and 6th to finally give the famous Halal Guys a try.

It was much better than the random cart that I tried the other day, including not just better quality meat, but perhaps more notably, that surprisingly potent red hot sauce, which made this more fun to eat. That said, I still don't know if I'd eat this salt and grease bomb again, not while sober at least.

1 comment:

Makanmata said...

What a bummer about Trini-Pak Boys. I actually stopped for lunch yesterday (Wednesday) -- not to rub it in but it was great as usual. Can't imagine why they weren't there today. Hopefully, next time.