Monday, August 14, 2017

Red Robin Gourmet Burgers and Brews in the US

Royal Red Robin

If my memory is correct, the first and only time I've been to a Red Robin was 25 years ago. And I seem to remember it being a family restaurant. I suppose that it still is a family restaurant, but what got me interested in coming here tonight was that tagline about gourmet burgers and beer.

It's too bad then that I couldn't really taste the patty, as the bacon and egg covered it all up. It was also kinda slippery when you tried to put a mayo-slathered bun on top of a fried egg; the thing nearly slid right out of my hands. The thick fries weren't any good, nor did I like their seasoning salt.

Heck, if I'm going to nitpick, then I'll point out that I didn't like the beer selection either. In retrospect, I wish I had just gotten a plain burger with some raw onions; I didn't even realize that the "royal" above didn't have any onions when I ordered it.

No comments: